Updated: Jun 23
KSH Safety Services is pleased to announce that we now offer the VideoTile Learning / ETA Awards Online Level 1 Health and Safety in a Construction Environment.
This course is designed for those working on construction sites and is a requirement for those wishing to apply for a CSCS Green Card. In accordance with CITB anyone who is a labourer on a construction site must be a CSCS Green Card Holder.
The course is available HERE for £75+VAT per candidate. Once they have passed, they are able to undertake an online invigilated exam for an additional £75+VAT fee.
Each year in the UK, people are killed, injured and suffer work-related illnesses while carrying out their jobs.
So Health & Safety is a significant concern. The government, employers and workers all have an essential role to play in reducing deaths and accidents and preventing ill-health at work.
This course is aimed at people starting out in the construction industry and can be used as part of their induction process or as preparation for the level 1 award in Health and Safety in a Construction Environment. Whilst this course provides you with a qualification in its own right, it can also form part of your CSCS green card application.
The course starts with an introduction to the legal aspects of health and safety before covering the basics of risk assessment and safe working practices. It then goes into detail to cover the most common hazards encountered in construction environments from Working at Height and Respiratory Hazards to electrical and chemical hazards.
Online Invigilated Exam:
We provide you access to the online invigilated examination which can be taken anywhere. The examination system delivers the final assessment direct to you via the internet, invigilated using screen sharing and web cam, allowing you to receive their accreditation quicker and easier without the stress and hassle of visiting a training and exam centre.
The online exam is fully accredited by ETA Awards. Course modules: Module 1: Introduction Module 2: Hazards, Risks, Assessments and Controls
Module 3: Slips, Trips, Falls and Working at Height
Module 4: Manual Handling Module 5: Plant, Machinery and Noise Module 6: Respiratory Risks Module 7: Fire, Electricity and Gas Safety Module 8: Chemicals and Other Onsite Hazards
Module 9: Vehicles, PPE And General Safety
Pricing You will be charged a course fee of £75 + VAT plus an accredited exam upgrade of £75+ VAT per candidate where applicable.
1. Candidate completes the Online Level 1 Health and Safety in a Construction Environment course 2. If a pass is achieved the candidate is issued with an approved certificate
3. The candidate is given the option to upgrade to the fully accredited certificate
4. We inform our supplier, VideoTile that you wish to undergo the invigilated exam. Instructions are emailed to you from VideoTile to log into the invigilated online exam.
5. Online invigilated exam is completed at a time chosen by the candidate. Checks are completed to ensure the candidate did not cheat on the exam by using the internet, interacting with any other person or using any other external application, textbook, calculator or materials.
6. If a pass is achieved we are issued with the accredited certificate to pass to the candidate.
7. The candidate or distributor can then apply for the Green Card (CSCS Touch screen test is also required). Minimum Specifications and Further Instructions Please be aware that the exam is a live exam but can be taken at any time the candidate chooses.
Minimum Candidate Specifications Webcam Speakers Google Chrome web browser
Exam Rules No external devices can be used No other tabs open on the computer No one else in the room at the time of the exam